Full stack PHP developer
The European Technology division of Dorel Juvenile counts 30 dedicated colleagues, divided into four groups. IS Project Management is business partner to the various business units when it comes to the management of all projects and applications and the implementation of new solutions or improving existing ones. IT Development is responsible for the support (development & internal technical) of the ISPM team. IT Services is in charge of administration, infrastructure, Application & End User support and security. And last but not least Data & Analytics, who are critical for keeping the business informed of their progress with correct and on-time data and analyses.
In our IT Development department, an exciting opportunity has come up in the Netherlands (Helmond) for a proactive and enthusiastic full stack PHP Developer (m/f, 40 hrs/wk). This position reports to the European IT Development Manager, also based in Helmond.
This requisition is for a locally hired position. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Dorel will not attempt to obtain immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Currently at Dorel, our challenge lies in making big steps on the Digital front. We already work on/with major projects such as a new European brand website, a centralized product information database, a European e-commerce platform and others consumer oriented projects. Looking forward, we will need to focus our efforts on developing, improving and maintaining the existing applications. It will be your mission to efficiently and effectively support these critical applications by working closely with Project Managers and external suppliers on a European level. The current main platforms are Magento2 and Drupal, but this will grow rapidly in the near future.
As full stack PHP Developer, you will be developing, enhancing and maintaining our websites and e-commerce platforms and proactively work to new applications which will be integrated in our application mapping.
- Produce clean, well-tested and documented code; demonstrate a strong understanding and application of modern software design principles
- Ensure all code written has appropriate and relevant test coverage
- Review code before production releases
- Translate user stories in tasks and/or concrete actions
- Perform problem and incident management by analysing issues raised by support team
- Write and maintain documentation
- You will also have to participate in the change management process in collaboration with an IS Project Manager by:
- Formalizing impact analysis
- Providing workload / cost estimations
- Participating to the implementation when a change request is approved
To match those major responsibilities on a long term perspective, the full stack PHP developer has the responsibility of the development, maintenance and performance of his/her applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language (both written and spoken).
- Languages, frameworks and tools you are familiar with: PHP, Drupal, Magento, CSS 3, HTML5, Bootstrap, Laravel, MySQL, JIRA, GitLab, REST API’s …
- Used to an Agile (scrum) way of working
- Ability and desire to learn (fast)
- Experience in software implementation, support and change management
- Ability to integrate, work and communicate in an European development team
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Because of the international context of our organisation, we request to submit your resume and cover letter in English.
Want to work with us?