Product Quality Engineer (new product development)
As a Product Integrity Engineer – NPD it is your mission to ensure product quality within our New Product Development (NPD) projects. In doing so, we maintain related product-performance during the full life cycle of the product journey to the consumer.
Our focus is Juvenile car seats, but other Juvenile products will be added to our team’s portfolio.
- In close collaboration with R&D engineer, make, execute and track the Design Validation Process and Report (DVP&R)
- Control the release to production (RTP) process:
- Ensure component validation (PPAP)
- Define Product Control Plan & related control means
- Support industrialization phase with manufacturing units (PFMEA / Manufacturing Control Plan & related control means)
- Highlight product risks & secure timely market introduction
- Animate Problem Solving Methods
- In case of Product issues during development, drive appropriate Problem Solving through 8D methodology. (containment, root causes, corrective and preventive actions, efficiency, capitalization, …)
- Liaise with our Market quality team to continuously track defects reported by consumers, and translating those into specification changes.
- Perform product conformity checks on products and components.
- Occasionally participate in new Supplier Validation (Audits & Assessment) with Supplier Quality.
In this position you are part of a team of 6, reporting to Erik Salters, the Product Integrity Lead & Carseats Regulations Europe.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Quality or Engineering
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience within a quality department of a development center or manufacturing plant.
- Experience with product engineering or development is a strong bonus, as well as experience with plastic injection molding, and/or metal parts fabrication.
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Expert in driving Product Quality tools & mindset (DFMEA, DVP, 8D, PPAP, PDCA, 6 Sigma).
- Affinity with juvenile products is a bonus.
- Good understanding of different cultures and experience in an international organization
- Pragmatic, hands-on attitude and excellent communication skills
- You are a team player who can also easily function as an independent technical expert;
- You actively look for and recognize opportunities for growth of the business;
Are you ready to grow with us?
We offer a Product Quality Engineer position in which you are at the heart of new product development. You are an important part of the design process and have great responsibility in delivering great products.
You work in an international environment with an international team. We offer good working conditions including working from home, including laptop and mobile phone.
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our well-known products and strong brands Max-Cosi, Quinny and Tiny Love are complemented by regional brands and are available in more than 100 countries.
We are proud to work with 7,000 highly driven professionals in 25 different countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products with the highest safety and comfort standards.
Our frontrunner mentality matches our position as a global market leader. Being first means we forge our own path, we explore new ways to enhance our brands. We are continuously reinforcing our leading position and believe that team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. A vital element of our daily operations is the strong connection we maintain with our consumers. We engage with them wherever they are, so they will always benefit from our products and services, even in ways they did not expect.
Want to work with us?