QA Manufacturing Engineering -Associate
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complemented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The QA Manufacturing Engineer Associate is an aspiring quality professional or graduating engineer. This role will assist in coordinating and performing activities associated with Quality programs within Dorel Juvenile Group. The individual will work closely with the QA Manufacturing Engineer to qualify new and existing products, prepare, analyze and present data with summary reports, participate in problem resolution activities and develop and support best practices within the department. There will be daily interaction, with weekly review of assigned projects and following satisfactory completion of orientation (3-6 months), this position will operate with a good deal of independence with the QA Manager serving as coach and mentor. This position reports directly to the QA Manager.
Administers the record of regulatory compliance for the Columbus facility:
• Includes NHTSA, CPSIA, and other regulations
• Supports Maintenance of the QMS module in the JDE system
• Requests / obtains product and component samples for testing
• Submits samples to internal / external labs for testing
• Enters test results in the QMS
• Notifies supervisor of any non-conforming test results
• Reviews new product B.O.M. structures for correct material identification (ref. QMS)
• Participates in component RTP for compliance to regulations and DJG policies
• Reviews new regulatory requirements and assists in training personnel on relevant issues
• Assists in the modification, improvement and maintenance of PFMEA’s, Control Plans and Work Instructions for assigned products.
Reviews data relevant to product field performance and provides analysis to identify issues requiring corrective action:
• Priority Consumer Returns • Retailer Returns
• NHTSA Complaints
• CPSC Complaints
• Customer Care Feedback and Reviews
• On-Line Review Database Conducts analysis and provides supporting documentation as assigned.
Partners with the Procurement Group to identify and implement initiatives to improve Supplier Performance:
• Supports development of quality standards for purchased components, materials and supplier performance.
• Participates in supplier process audits as required.
• Engages with suppliers to improve root cause analysis via 8D or equivalent problem-solving approach.
A minimum of 1 year of experience in the manufacture of high-volume consumer products is desired.
Accomplished mathematical skills.
Analytical problem-solving abilities
Strong written and oral communications skills
Ability to work effectively and efficiently in cross-functional teams
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred, minimum of a two-year degree in a technical field will be considered. Equivalent, relevant experience may also be acceptable.
Six Sigma knowledge and experience is a plus.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Want to work with us?