Cost Accounting Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
This Cost Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for managing detailed standard costs in the JD Edwards ERP system and for key account reconciliations related to inventory and related inventory variance accounts. This role will work alongside the current cost accountant but will also work with others in our accounting department as well as other departments throughout Dorel on related tasks. This team member also plays a key role in the month-end and quarter-end close, annual cost roll, and budgeting process. The role is also responsible for controlling and tagging Fixed Assets, as well as reviewing fixed asset invoices for proper classifications
Due to the current pandemic, this position is now open for a work from home arrangement. Due to business conditions, this strategy and flexible work arrangement may change. This role is needed to work Monday-Friday with typical business hours between 8am – 5pm.
- Develop and implement standard costs in the JD Edwards ERP system for all new products and re-calculate standard costs annually for all existing products including ensuring the accuracy of inputs from Engineering/Logistics and providing direction and coordination to the staff Cost Accountant related to these efforts
- Responsible for reconciliation of standard costs to actual costs, reconciling inventory and various other general ledger account balances and providing explanations for cost of goods sold budget variances including purchase price variance
- Engage in a broad range of analyses using company financial and operational information including assisting senior management teams in understanding costs, variances, and other operating measures, including product/SKU level margins
- Responsible for providing and verifying product costs in support of intercompany transfer pricing
- Identification of potential accounting related ERP issues and coordinate issue resolution/problem solving with other functional teams
- Coordinates with Inventory Managers on required annual physical inventory counts and ensure compliance with periodic cycle counts including reconciliation of results
- Review work performed by the Fixed Asset accountant including capital appropriation requests for timeliness, accuracy, financial justification, and proper approval, all necessary financial capital expenditure transactions as appropriate and all reporting related to capital expenditures
- Involved, as time permits, in supporting special projects
- Proficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform
- Effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Must demonstrate administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area
- Requires good oral and written communication skills. Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or Business, with at least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing cost accounting. MBA or CPA preferred
If you are a current Dorel Employee or Temporary Employee and interested in this position, please contact your manager and Human Resources Representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
Are you ready to grow with us?
Dorel Juvenile is the world's leading juvenile products company. Our products are available in more than 100 countries. All of our talented employees share the same mission: to Care for Precious Life. We help families live carefree lives by providing them with juvenile products that rank highest in consumer reviews. That's what sets our products apart; durable, helpful and caring.
Want to work with us?
Quinny empowers urban millennial parents to walk their way; transforming parenthood into a carefree exploration. The new NXTGEN stroller line consists of three different strollers