Associate Product Manager
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
The Associate Product Manager will assist the category director to identify, strategize and execute against the product marketing roadmap and help drive incremental profitable product/sales opportunities for the car seat team categories. This position will work closely and collaboratively with all of marketing (research, brand, e-commerce, graphics) and product development (program management, design, product engineers, quality, compliance, and fashion) teams.
- Serves as key coordinator in day-to-day product marketing activities by compiling, analyzing, and reporting on account information as well as consumer and competitive dynamics.
- Supports product lifecycle management; category administration, market research data, brief writing and proof reading, pricing analysis, sales analysis, presentation development, sample process administration including sample shipping.
- Help identify product solutions and consumer pain points.
- Mining for consumer insights by developing product marketing concept statements to be used in external surveys through collaborating with our internal market research team.
- Assist in analyzing category profitability and provide recommendations to optimize margin performance, such as suggestions for improved SKU assortment.
- Assist and manage key projects from conception to completion.
- Business & Market Information: Constant stimulation of market information and understand the relevant heeds from consumers, the sales group (internal & external), retailers, e-tailers and other stakeholders. Conducts market analysis (competitive landscapes and market overviews) on a consistent basis and reports to brand leaders, brand managers and sales. Creates market-data based questions for qualitative and quantitative research associated with them. Managers the category margin requirements for respective new products.
- Product Development: Creates product briefs driven from ideas on the product roadmaps and drives the process forward with help of Product Management. Responsible for updating product briefs when/if there is a scope change.
- Process of Marketing Plan: Monitors the execution of development projects in marketing, packaging and works closely with brand management on the messaging for all external functions (product related content/product campaigns). Participates in the create and implementation of the three-year roadmaps. Plays a lead role in market launches for his/her products. Supports both sales and key retail accounts.
Education, Licenses, and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors in Marketing or Business preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in consumer goods working closely with big box retailers.
Experience and Skills
- Relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer driven company.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to build relationships and create influence at all levels of multi-discipline organization.
- Advanced power point and excel skills.
- Creativity, both in conceptualizing ideas & finding solutions to problems.
- Agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong point of view.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be an out-of-the-box thinker who is constantly looking for ways to improve processes, team, and themselves.
- Ability to think big picture yet understand the need for strong execution.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills to effectively lead, influence, and inspire others within the organization. Strong sense of “customer comes first” attitude. Must be a strong team player who can maintain a positive attitude through challenges and demanding deadlines.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Quer trabalhar conosco?