Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
This position provides the opportunity to work with the Supply Chain to ensure customer demands are met within their expectations. The person filling this role must have proven organizational skills, be customer service oriented, and possess a keen sense of urgency to complete the job at hand successfully. We are looking for an individual who can work in a team structured environment, is adaptable to change, innovative, and will pursue opportunities with a strategic mindset.
- Develop strategies for best possible cost and values in purchased products
- Create and manage contracts, and supplier relationships
- Research commodity and supplier markets for source plan development, integrating those plans into strategic goals of the company.
- Negotiate pricing for respective commodities and associated raw materials, building contracts for cost reduction and long-term stability.
- Perform Piece Price Cost Analysis for total cost knowledge in negotiations and for estimating in new product development.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality on new product and material development to drive cost reduction and product improvement.
- Understand market trends per industry publication and indexes for commodities responsible
- Select and evaluate suppliers. Set and review expectations with suppliers.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Engineering, Business, or related field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Purchasing or Manufacturing
- Experience in soft goods, international transfers, or Mexico supply chains is a plus but not required
- Strong negotiation
- Excellent communication
- Relationship building
- In depth understanding and knowledge of the industry
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Quer trabalhar conosco?