Social Media Specialist
Dorel Juvenile, a segment of Dorel Industries, Inc. (TSX:DII.B, DII.A) is a world class juvenile products company. Dorel Juvenile’s powerfully branded products include global juvenile brands Safety 1st, Quinny, Maxi-Cosi and Tiny Love, complimented by regional brands such as Cosco, Bébé Confort and Infanti. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 10,000 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. We are continuously extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive, and accountability can make a real difference in achieving the sustainable growth essential to our future. We research, design, develop, and test our products in-house, giving employees opportunities to gain inter-departmental experience. Our aim is to introduce and grow talent at all levels of our organization. Our global organization and our international supplier and customer base allow employees to collaborate with juvenile colleagues and partners from all over the world. Working at Dorel Juvenile means having a real impact on people’s lives. Come join our team…together we care about the precious lives of children.
We are seeking a culture-obsessed, results-driven Social Media Specialist to support our Brand Marketing team and help drive growth for the Dorel Juvenile Group USA brands, which includes Maxi-Cosi, Tiny Love, Safety 1st, Cosco, and the Disney Baby license. As a social media specialist, you will report into the Social Media Manager and assist with the execution of marketing tactics across channels like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and other key and emerging players.
- Closely follow brand guidelines and the social strategy to draft engaging social media content that aims to inspire, inform, or entertain our audience of parents in the US
- Pitch and execute content ideas to the internal team
- Adopt the brand voice when responding to customers on social media platforms
- Schedule and publish daily social media content across channels using our internal social media management tools
- Assist with crafting and executing annual and ongoing social media plans
- Build influencer lists and assist with management of day-to-day influencer campaigns
- Collect and distribute user-generated and influencer-generated content across marketing channels
- Secure partnerships with like-minded brands for co-branded sweepstakes and promotions
- Conduct research on brand and competitor sentiment
- Keep a pulse on trending topics to inform our marketing strategy and react quickly to insert the brand into relevant conversations
- Help to manage our ongoing editorial calendars across brands
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as design, e-commerce, and external agencies
- Consistently keep an eye towards results, tracking social performance of KPIs and competitor growth using internal dashboards and native platform tools
- Conduct other administrative tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of work experience in marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong desire to learn about the fast-growing social media industry and interest in juvenile products
- Understanding of social media marketing and how it contributes to overarching business goals
- Familiarity with social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and others
- Basic knowledge/awareness of marketing software, such as Sprinklr, Curalate, Google Analytics, etc.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment
- Willingness to learn new marketing platforms and tools
You are motivated to learn and are open to new ideas and ways of thinking. You are not risk adverse; you embrace it. You have a passion for storytelling. You strive for excellence and are a motivated self-directed individual who is comfortable with ambiguity. You embrace a fast-paced environment that's changing all in the name of improvement. You have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset, with a strong bias for action.
If you are a current Dorel Employee or Temporary Employee and interested in this position, please contact your manager and Human Resources Representative to discuss the process and requirements of applying.
Due to the current pandemic, this position is now open for a work from home arrangement. Due to business conditions, this strategy and flexible work arrangement may change. This role is needed to work Monday-Friday typical business hours between 8am – 5pm.
Are you ready to grow with us?
The people behind our products and brands make Dorel an even stronger company. We are extending our leading market position and believe team spirit, personal drive and accountability can make a real difference in achieving sustainable growth. This is essential to our future. We invite you to grow with us!
Quer trabalhar conosco?